All Newfield Club Members participating in Pre-Season Tennis are reminded of two important club rules. Members are to enter the club on Redbird Road and exit the club on Barrian Road. Please drive slowly and do no try to exit on Redbird Road. PreSeason Tennis Participants must enter the club through the gate on the tennis courts. Members who do not comply with these club rules will be relieved of Pre-Season Tennis participation privileges.
To reserve a court call 322-3993.
Monday thru Friday Reservations:
- The Club will accept phone calls one day prior to the requested day of play, beginning at 8:30AM.
- Beginning at 8:30AM on Friday, reservations can be made for Saturday or Sunday playing times.
- Reservations for same day can be made either by phone or in person and will be accepted after 9:00AM.
- If you will not be able to utilize your reserved court time, please be sure to CANCEL your reservation at least 2 hours in advance.
- At its discretion, the Board may suspend reservation privileges for members who fail to show up for reserved court-time.
- Members may make only one reservation per day. Reserved times will be assigned only if all names in the group are designated. If members reserve a court with a “guest”, a Guest Fee will be charged unless the reservation is canceled.
Pro Shop Hours:
Tennis playing time limits:
Singles: One Hour
Doubles: One and One-Half Hours
Additional Restriction: A Junior (under 17), may not reserve a Weekend court except when playing with an Adult after 1:00 PM, but may reserve a Weekday court between 12:00 Noon – 4:00 PM.
Any adult member playing a total of four hours or more between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday may not reserve a court before 1:00 p.m. on that Weekend.
The Manager will maintain an OPEN-TIME list daily in the following order of priority:
- No reservation, has not played
- Has already played once, or has no reservation
- Has already played once, and has reservation
- Has already played twice.
Note: A Junior (under 17) and an Adult may play together during Open Time.
Reservations will be forfeited if players do not arrive within ten minutes after their reserved time.
Open Court Times
|Mondays||9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
4:00 – 6:00 PM
|Tuesdays||9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
4:00 – 8:00 PM
|Wednesdays||9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
4:00 – 6:00 PM
|Thursdays||4:00 – 8:00 PM|
|Fridays||4:00 – 8:00 PM|
|Please note that not all of the courts will be available at the times listed above.|
Lessons are obtained on a first-come, first-served basis with the member and a staff professional, at a time that is convenient for both. If you wish to set-up a lesson over the phone, please call (203) 595-0869. To avoid any inconvenience, please notify the pro shop and/or pro of any cancellation within a 24 hour time period. Thank you.
Asst. Pro $74.00
Practice Partner $44.00
Asst. Pro $40.00
Practice Partner $24.00
1 HR SP > 5 1 HR P/L = 1/2 HR FREE
Asst. Pro $42.00
No Player(Member or Guest) will be permitted on the courts unless PROPER TENNIS ATTIRE is worn.
Proper attire is herin defined as
- Tennis Shoes (appropriate for Har-Tru courts; not basketball, jogging or training shoes) for everyone over the age of 10,
- Tennis Skirts or Tennis Shorts (no aerobic or gym clothing, swim suits, cut-offs, dungaree shorts or “jams”), and
- Collared or non-collared tennis shirts for men and boys. A non-collared shirt must be a tennis shirt without a collar similar to those available for sale in the Newfield Pro shop.
- No jerseys, T-shirts of any type will be permitted. No tank tops for men and boys.
All children ages 3-17 must wear Tennis Whites at all times during Junior Tennis (colored trim or less than 10% color will be permitted).
The women’s, men’s and junior tennis team attire must be white with 10% or less color for match play.
The Club Management shall be responsible for monitoring this. In case of a dispute, the Board of Directors, the Club Manager and the Head Pro reserve the right to determine what is proper attire.
The Club Manager has the authority to render a final decision regarding the administration of all regulations regarding court reservations, court attire, and general court use.
Click to select a category: